ML Eng Manager at Robust Intelligence, leading our efforts around model monitoring and AI Firewall. Author of GPT Index.
I’m broadly interested in generative models (including LLM’s), AI for systems, systems for AI. I also follow the startup community and am interested in understanding AI products and emerging growth opportunities: MLOps, vertical LLM’s, horizontal platforms (Databricks, Scale AI, etc.), and more.
Previously, I was a Research Scientist at Uber ATG, working on advancing state-of-the-art for learning-based compression as well as joint prediction/planning. Before that I was a machine learning engineer at Quora, where I worked on the feed ranking system. I graduated summa cum laude from Princeton in ‘17 with a B.S.E in CS and certificate in finance.
I enjoy reading ML papers, reading non-ML books, eating spicy food, playing tennis, and playing games.
Publications / Projects
- Deep Structured Reactive Planning. Jerry Liu, Wenyuan Zeng, Raquel Urtasun, Ersin Yumer. ICRA 2021.
- MuSCLE: Multi Sweep Compression of LiDAR using Deep Entropy Models. Sourav Biswas, Jerry Liu, Kelvin Wong, Shenlong Wang, Raquel Urtasun. NeurIPS 2020.
- Conditional Entropy Coding for Efficient Video Compression. Jerry Liu, Shenlong Wang, Wei-Chiu Ma, Meet Shah, Rui Hu, Pranaab Dhawan, Raquel Urtasun. ECCV 2020.
- OctSqueeze: Octree-structured Entropy Model for LiDAR Compression. Lila Huang, Shenlong Wang, Kelvin Wong, Jerry Liu, Raquel Urtasun. CVPR 2020, Oral.
- DSIC: Deep Stereo Image Compression. Jerry Liu, Shenlong Wang, Raquel Urtasun. ICCV 2019, Oral.
- Interactive 3D Modeling with a Generative Adversarial Network. Jerry Liu, Fisher Yu, Thomas Funkhouser. 3DV 2017.
Reviewer for ICLR, NeurIPS, AAAI, IJCV, ECCV.
- GPT Index. Data structures that are created by / used by GPT-3 in order to traverse external data.
- Star Wars Boids. Class project with Kevin Wang, extend Boid behavior to an adversarial setting and made everything Star Wars.
- Force Split PR on Microsoft LightGBM. Added ability to force decision tree splits.
- A bunch of hackathon projects back in the day.
My LinkedIn, Twitter, Github can be accessed from the left.
My Google Scholar is here. I’m not currently active on Quora but you can read some of my older answers here.